Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Create a safe learning environment for students to enable them to meet or surpass their individualized capabilities.
- Carry out all Individualized Education Program plans as directed by teachers, therapists (speech & language, occupational therapy, physical therapy) and consultants.
- Conduct small group instruction under the direction of a teacher in all curricular areas as assigned.
- Assist students with 1:1 educational, personal care, health, social, and behavioral needs.
- Support the inclusion of students into the general education environment/curriculum and community setting.
- Supervise students during study hall, lunch, recess, field trips and any other activities in the school and community as needed.
- Maintain documentation.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Follow behavior management plans and student schedules.
- Provide clerical and instructional assistance to case managers and classroom teachers as directed.
- Participate in appropriate training sessions.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions:
Hold an Associate Degree OR completed at least 2 years of post-secondary higher education OR meet required assessment criteria Wisconsin DPI certification.
Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Here is the link to apply: https://wecan.education.wisc.edu/#/Vacancy/95542